Who should attend: This course is intended for participants who are familiar with Microsoft Visio.
Prerequisites Microsoft Visio – Level 1 or Equivalent.
Duration: 6 Hours
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Create custom stencils and templates, and modify master shapes.
- Create custom layers, manage existing layers, and assign shapes to drawing layers.
- Create, assign, and edit background pages.
- Manage options for shape behaviours, apply shape protection, and use hyperlinks.
- Use the techniques involved in manipulating shapes with the shape operation commands.
- Enter custom shape data and define custom fields using different methods.
- Import and export Visio data to and from Excel, create PivotDiagrams, integrate Visio drawings into PowerPoint, and apply document protection.
Stencils and Templates:
- Working with Stencils
- Managing Master Shapes
- The Document Stencil
- Working with Templates
- Creating Layers
- Assigning Shapes to Layers
- Removing Layers
- Renaming Layers
Background Pages Overview:
- Creating Background Pages
- Assigning Background Pages
- Editing and Deleting Background Pages
Understanding Shape Behaviors:
- Working with Hyperlinks
- Protecting Shapes
Shape Operations Overview:
Custom Fields Overview:
- Viewing and Entering Custom Shape Data
- Creating Custom Fields
- Using the Document Stencil to Define Custom Fields
- Using Master Shapes to Define Custom Fields
- Editing Custom Fields in the Shape Sheet
- Generating Reports in Visio and Excel
- Importing Data onto Shapes
- Creating PivotDiagrams
- Integrating Visio with PowerPoint
- Document Protection