Who should attend: This course is intended for new Microsoft Publisher users.
Prerequisites: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
Duration: 6 Hours
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Understand Publisher concepts, learn how to launch and close Publisher, navigate with the Publisher window, menus, and commands, as well as open, save, close, and view publications.
- Set the page layout and use the rulers and guides to add and arrange objects.
- Work with text boxes and format text.
- Layer and format objects and work with pictures.
- Use the Design Checker to check for problems in a publication and pack and unpack publications.
Getting Started with Publisher:
- Understanding Publisher Concepts
- Getting Started
- Creating and Saving Publications
- Opening and Closing Publications
- Viewing Publications
- Layout Concepts
- Margins and Guides
- Creating and Managing Objects
- Arranging Objects
- Adding Text to Text Boxes
- Text Editing Basics
- Character Formatting
- Paragraph Alignment
- Paragraph Formatting
- Indentations and Lists
- Connecting and Navigating Between Text Boxes
- Text Box Properties
Working with Objects:
- Layering Objects
- Formatting Objects
- Working with Pictures
- Checking Publications for Problems
- Pack and Go