Who should attend: This course is intended for new Microsoft Access users.
Prerequisites: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
Duration: 12 Hours (2 Days)
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Identify the components of a database, and work with those components.
- Open a table, find information stored there, and enter data.
- Create and customize a table design.
- Enter data into tables, and ensure its accuracy by using input masks and input validation formulas.
- Create relationships between tables to ensure data accuracy and to deploy referential integrity.
- Create forms for entering data into tables, and change the design elements that have been placed on those forms.
- Create several query types, edit and run queries, and use action and calculation queries.
- Create several report types, enhance reports and print preview reports.
- Import and export data to and from various sources, including text files and Excel.
- Preview and print database objects, and change the page setup options.
- Database Concepts
- Getting Started
- Creating a Database
- Converting Access Files
- Working with Objects
- Using Access Help
- Table Concepts
- Viewing Data in a Table
- Changing the Datasheet Appearance
- Entering and Editing Data
- Applying Filters
- Creating a Table
- Changing the Table Design
- Data Entry Concepts
- Data Formats
- Input Masks
- Input Validation
- Adding Records
- Relationships Between Tables
- Creating a Relationship
- Referential Integrity
- Removing a Relationship
- Printing Relationships
Creating and Using Forms:
- Creating a Form Using AutoForm
- Creating a Form Using the Form Wizard
- Creating a Form in Design View
- Opening a Form; Changing a Form Design
- Adding Controls; Placing Controls
- Multiple-Choice Controls
- Error Checking
- Using the Query Wizard
- Creating a Query in Design View
- Selecting and Sorting in a Query
- Action Queries
- Parameter Queries
- Creating Reports
- Using the Report Wizard
- Previewing Reports
- Creating Reports in Design View
- Changing Report Design
- Control Operations
- Control Attributes
Importing and Exporting Data:
- Importing and Exporting
- Importing a Text File
- Importing Data from an Access Database
- Exporting Data
- Troubleshooting Importing and Exporting Problems
- Printing Objects
- Print Preview