Who should attend: This course is intended for new Microsoft Excel users.
Prerequisites: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
Duration: 6 Hours
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Create, save, open, close and move around in an Excel workbook to learn navigation skills necessary for creating and using Excel worksheets.
- Organize columns and rows to accommodate information and edit the contents of cells to organize the information in your worksheet.
- Calculate values by entering formulas into cells and specify an exact address of a cell by creating an absolute cell reference, create formulas by typing functions or build more complex formulas using the Insert Function dialog box.
- Format worksheets and use view features to more effectively review large worksheets.
- Use views to determine the layout of a worksheet, change the page setup, and preview/print workbooks.
Getting Started with Excel:
- Understanding Spreadsheet Concepts
- Creating and Saving Workbooks
- Opening and Closing Workbooks
- Working with Columns and Rows
- Working with Cell Contents
Using Formulas and Functions:
- Creating and Using Formulas
- Creating and Using Functions
- Using Absolute Cell References
- Inserting Functions
Formatting and Viewing Worksheets:
- Formatting Worksheets
- Viewing Worksheets
- Using Workbook Views
- Changing the Page Setup
- Previewing and Printing Workbooks