Who should attend:
This course is intended for individuals who want to enhance their digital literacy skills and confidently navigate the digital world. No prior experience is required.
Prerequisites Basic computer skills.
Duration: 6 Days
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the core concepts and importance of digital literacy.
- Navigate basic computer hardware and software effectively.
- Utilize internet browsing techniques and search engines for efficient information retrieval.
- Implement online safety practices and protect personal information.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively using online tools and platforms.
- Develop essential skills for digital file management and organization.
- Create and format digital documents using word processing software.
- Conduct online research and evaluate the credibility of information sources.
- Enhance digital communication etiquette and practice responsible digital citizenship.
- Stay informed about current digital trends and emerging technologies.
Day 1: Introduction to Digital Literacy and Computer Skills
- Understanding the core concepts and importance of digital literacy
- Introduction to computer hardware, software, and operating systems
- Essential computer skills: file management, keyboard shortcuts, and troubleshooting basics
Day 2: Internet Skills and Online Safety
- Web browsing techniques for effective searching and website evaluation
- Online communication tools: email, messaging apps, and video conferencing
- Internet safety and privacy practices: protecting personal information, identifying online threats, and safe online behavior
Day 3: Productivity Tools and Digital Documents
- Introduction to Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Creating, formatting, and editing digital documents
- Spreadsheet essentials: data entry, formulas, and basic data analysis
- Creating engaging presentations with multimedia elements
Day 4: Collaboration and Communication Tools
- Online collaboration and project management tools: Google Workspace, Microsoft Teams, and Slack
- Sharing and collaborating on documents in real-time
- Effective online communication: etiquette, professionalism, and virtual meeting best practices
Day 5: Digital Research and Critical Thinking
- Advanced internet research techniques: using search operators, evaluating sources, and avoiding plagiarism
- Understanding copyright and fair use in the digital age
- Digital citizenship: responsible online behavior, combating misinformation, and digital rights advocacy
Join us today and unlock the door to the digital world. Enroll in the Digital Literacy Course and equip yourself with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to thrive in the digital age.