Who should attend: This course is intended for small business owners who want to delegate the task of maintaining a website.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite required.
Duration: 30 Hours (broken into 10 x 3 hour sessions)
The objective of the training is to provide individuals with the foundations of digital marketing and WordPress management with the intention of them being able to manage their own website and online business.
(WordPress training can be substituted for the cloud based platform of your choice).
Module 1: 3 hrs
- Business Plan initial concepts
- The Basics of Digital Marketing
- Simple Marketing Plan
Module 2: 3 hrs
- Elements of Digital Marketing
- Paid versus Organic Marketing
- Personas – Who is our customer?
Module 3: 3 hrs
- The sales cycle
- Providing customer service through the sales cycle
- Perfecting the pitch for vendors and customers
Module 4: 3 hrs
- Margins and Pricing
- Consignment versus Margins
- Using Social Media to gain customers and grow digital footprint
Module 5: 3 hrs
- Introduction to WordPress
- WordPress – Exploring the Dashboard Environment
Module 6: 3 hrs
- WordPress – Building a simple site
Module 7: 3 hrs
- WordPress – Install/Configure Plugins
Module 8: 3 hrs
- Digital Marketing – Content Marketing with Blogs and Social Media
Module 9: 3 hrs
- Google Analytics- Measuring ROI
Module 10: 3 hrs
- Complete course – Review and Q & A