Who should attend? This course is intended for participants who are familiar with Illustrator.
Prerequisites: Illustrator Foundations – Level 1 or equivalent.
Duration: 6 Hours
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Draw complex illustrations.
- Enhance artwork by using painting tools.
- Customize colors and swatches.
- Format type.
- Enhance the appearance of artwork.
- Prepare content for deployment.
- Set up project requirements.
Drawing Complex Illustrations:
- Apply the Grid, Guides, and Info Panel
- Combine Objects to Create Complex Illustrations
- Organize Artwork with Layers
- Create a Perspective Drawing
- Trace Artwork
Enhancing Artwork Using Painting Tools:
- Paint Objects Using Fills and Strokes
- Paint Objects Using Live Paint Groups
- Paint with Custom Brushes
- Add Transparency and Blending Modes
- Apply Meshes to Objects
- Apply Patterns
Customizing Colors and Swatches:
- Manage Colors
- Customize Swatches
- Manage Color Groups
- Adjust Color
- Set Character Formats
- Apply Advanced Formatting Options to Type
Enhancing the Appearance of Artwork:
- Apply Effects to an Object
- Create Graphic Styles
- Apply a Mask to an Object
- Apply Symbols and Symbol Sets
Preparing Content for Deployment:
- Prepare Artwork for Printing
- Prepare Transparency and Colors for Printing
- Create Slices and Image Maps
- Save Graphics for the Web
- Prepare Documents for Video
- Prepare Files for Other Applications
Setting Project Requirements:
- Identify the Purpose, Audience, and Audience Needs
- Determine and Evaluate Standard Copyright Rules for Artwork, Graphics, and Graphics Use
- Determine and Evaluate Project Management Tasks and Responsibilities