Online Computer Training Studies
OPTION A – LEVEL 1 (CS L1)
- Effectively understand the basic operation of a PC, the Windows Operating System, and the ability to navigate the internet as well as the basics of internet searches.
- Understanding the basic concepts of word processing, spreadsheets, and email; navigate the individual program’s interface and engage in an overview of the Ribbon and Tab commands in each program.
- Create a Word documents and Excel spreadsheet; add/delete text; open, print, save, and close documents.
- Apply/manipulate formatting; move, copy, and replace text.
- Manage Word and Excel document layout options such as margins, line spacing, bullets/numbering, and alignment.
- Enhance productivity using spell check/grammar and autocorrect.
- Insert/delete columns/rows; reorder and rename spreadsheets.
- Navigate Outlook’s multiple pane interface; overview of calendar and contacts.
- Create folders, appointments; move, drag n drop email.
- Create, send, read, reply, and forward an email; attach a document previously created in Word or Excel to an email.
|Day 1||Computer Fundamentals / Windows/File Management|
|Day 2||Word Level 1 – Part 1|
|Day 3||Word Level 1 – Part 2|
|Day 4||Excel Level 1 – Part 1|
|Day 5||Excel Level 1 – Part 2|
|Day 5 PM||Outlook Level 1 - Basics (or Internet based Email – Outlook.com)|
OPTION A – LEVEL 2 (CS L2)
- Incorporate skills obtained in Level 1 (or equivalent); build on skills to enhance basic word documents and spreadsheets; expand on skills learned to effectively organize and manage email.
- Work with templates to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Use styles, page/section breaks, tabs, and object/graphics to enhance document appearance.
- Control, arrange and manipulate data with sort and filter; create custom lists or calculate data using functions; improve readability of data by creating visual effects using charts and tables.
- Design presentations using text outlines to organize text; apply themes and transition for stunning appearance to capture audiences; set animation and understand slide masters, notes, and handouts.
- Search emails and create rules to organize and increase proficiency; create rules, quick steps, and signatures; schedule recurring appointments and create tasks or notes for personal tracking.
- Complete Skills Confirmation to reinforce the skills learned to meet objectives.
|Day 1||Word Level 2 - Part 1|
|Day 2||Word Level 2 – Part 2|
|Day 3||PowerPoint Level 1 – Part 1|
|Day 4||Excel Level 2 – Part 1|
|Day 5||Excel Level 2 – Part 2|