Microsoft Office Publisher Level 1
At first glance, Microsoft Word and Publisher appear to perform the same tasks. Both of these programs offer a way to combine text with images and formatting, but Word tends to have limitations. That is where Publisher shines. It is a much better tool for creating precision publications that need to go to a print shop such as: booklets, corporate reports, business cards, posters, pamphlets, and greeting cards.
Many organizations have the need for such documents, but can’t afford the high price software from Adobe like InDesign and Photoshop. Publisher comes standard with many versions of the Microsoft office suite and has an easy learning curve. That makes it the perfect desktop publishing program for organizations on a budget.
We offer courses in Publisher Level 1, and Custom Publisher courses. Courses can be delivered in 3-hour blocks, and scheduled in the morning, afternoon, or early evenings. Yes, we also provide weekend training classes.
Microsoft Publisher - Level 1
Who should attend? This course is intended for new Microsoft Publisher users.
Prerequisites Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
Duration: 6 Hours
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Understand Publisher concepts, learn how to launch and close Publisher, navigate with the Publisher window, menus, and commands, as well as open, save, close, and view publications.
- Set the page layout and use the rulers and guides to add and arrange objects.
- Work with text boxes and format text.
- Layer and format objects and work with pictures.
- Use the Design Checker to check for problems in a publication and pack and unpack publications.
Getting Started with Publisher:
- Understanding Publisher Concepts
- Getting Started
- Creating and Saving Publications
- Opening and Closing Publications
- Viewing Publications
- Layout Concepts
- Margins and Guides
- Creating and Managing Objects
- Arranging Objects
- Adding Text to Text Boxes
- Text Editing Basics
- Character Formatting
- Paragraph Alignment
- Paragraph Formatting
- Indentations and Lists
- Connecting and Navigating Between Text Boxes
- Text Box Properties
Working with Objects:
- Layering Objects
- Formatting Objects
- Working with Pictures
- Checking Publications for Problems
- Pack and Go